AccessNI Clearance with Direct Medics
As the duties of a healthcare professional fall within the scope of 'regulated activities' our candidates are subject to an enhanced disclosure from Access NI, renewable annually, in order to work in healthcare in Northern Ireland. Please note that it may be necessary to undertake an additional disclosure even if you have a recent disclosure available.
Having a criminal conviction would not necessarily bar you from being offered job roles through Direct Medics, however please note we are not permitted to book you for any positions in Northern Ireland without a disclosure certificate.
Completing your AccessNI Clearance
1. Complete Your Identity Check:
Verification of your identity is a prerequisite to completing AccessNI clearance in addition to being an NHS Employment Check Standard. Please see here for more details.
2. Create an Account with NIDirect:
Visit here, click ‘Register’ and complete the details requested.
You will receive an email with a link to activate your account; once activated you may login here.
3. Start Your Application:
Click “My applications”
Click “Access NI applications”
Click “Apply for an enhanced check through a registered body”.
Before beginning to complete your form you should have the following details handy:
● PIN Number: your designated Compliance Officer will provide you with this
● Your 5 Year address history
● Your National Insurance number: if you do not have please use TNXXXXXXM/F (Male/Female) replacing the “X” with your Date of Birth (DDMMYY)
● Your Driving License/Passport numbers (if you have these documents)
Additional Guidance Information:
● Access NI Online Candidate Process
● Company AccessNI Policy on recruitment of Ex-offenders
● Company AccessNI Secure storage, handling, use and disposal of disclosure records policy
● AccessNI Code of Practice and Explanatory Guide