Are you interested in nursing job opportunities in Belfast? We have put together a guide with some key information outlining why Belfast is a great city to live in whilst progressing your Nursing career.
A Nursing degree is essential to work as a Nurse across the UK. Nursing courses entail theory learning but also the opportunity to gain practical experience in community settings and hospitals. There are a number of both full-time and part-time courses available in Universities and Colleges throughout Belfast to obtain a Nursing degree.
There is a wide range of settings within the Belfast Trust including: Hospitals, Children’s Hospitals, Maternity Hospitals and Mental Health Centres. We can place you in a role that suits your specialty or your location of living. With agency work, Nurses can change locations at any time so you can gain experience in a variety of settings.
View all the Hospitals in the Belfast Trust and read more about their services here.
Cost of Living
Belfast tends to have a lower cost of living than most other UK cities which makes it an ideal location to live and work.
- Rent: From £500 approximately if located in city centre
- 1L of milk: £0.60 – £1.00
- Loaf of Bread: £0.80 – £1.30
- Bus & train one day ticket: £6.50
In some cases, accommodation can be provided or subsidised by Direct Medics. Our Recruitment Consultants are able to provide more information on this during your registration.
The capital city of Northern Ireland holds a lot of history and there are great areas to be seen both in and outside the city.
- Titanic Slipways: Visit the place where the Titanic was designed, built and launched. Follow the story of her journey in the interactive museum and through different tours available in the area.
- North Coast: Take a car, bus or train and travel along the coastline to the North of the city. Visit the scenic towns of Portrush and Portstewart, play a round of golf at the world famous Portush Golf Club, enjoy a family day out at Curry’s Amusement Park or walk across the rope bridge and hexagon cobbles at The Giants Causeway.
- Escape the City: Belfast is only a short journey away from other popular destinations across Northern Ireland such as Enniskillen, Derry and Newry. Dublin is also only 2 hours away. All of these are easily accessed via car or local bus and train transport lines.
If you are interested in learning more about our current Nursing job opportunities available in Belfast, visit our jobs board or contact our Recruitment Team directly on 028 9059 0077.