Belfast – Ligature Training
Date: 24th February 2024
Location: Direct Medics Head Office, 33a Stockman’s Way Belfast
Start Time: Registration begins at 9:15am with class commencing at 9:30am sharp
Accredited Trainer: Johnny Boyle
Maximum Spaces Available: 6
Lunch is provided
Direct Medics is proud to now offer our candidates Accredited Training with our in-house trainer Johnny Boyle.
To register your interest in attending this training follow this link and complete the waitlist form.
Please note you will initially be added to the waitlist and your place on this course is not confirmed until you receive a booking confirmation email from us.
Who is this course for:
- Anyone who supports an individual who is at significant risk of self-harming or suicide by means of a ligature.
- This individual can be a child or an adult.
- Mandatory training requirement for all staff in the 5 trusts across Northern Ireland.
- Suicide and Self-Harm
- A definition
- The scale of the problem
- Methods of suicide
- Contributory factors
- Profile of our service users and their risk of suicide
- Explain the frequency
- Identify contributory factors
- Profile our service users and their possible susceptibility/risk
*Due to the nature and content of this course please be advised that graphic images and descriptions of people that have suffered strangulation will be shown throughout this presentation*